Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Homemade Laundry Soap}

 I was totally excited that I could make my own laundry soap and save a ton of money. I love to coupon but this beats any coupon, any day! Ive heard that one "batch" lasts for 9-12 months! Can you imagine? I will definitely provide my personal experience once I get to the end of this batch. I'm loving washing all of my clothes without a worry of running short on detergent. I made this last night and so far today I've done all of the linens along with normal daily laundry!

1 4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz)

1 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg)

1 box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz)

3 bars of Fels-naptha soap

2 small containers of oxyclean or store brand oxyclean 
{I used store brand, saved about $2 per container}

I shopped at Walmart and found everything just perfectly.  I spent under $15

Use 1-2 tbsp per load

I am still working on a way to make it smell pretty. It has a very mild smell! 
Safe for HE washing machines.



<3 Jen R.

No comments:

Post a Comment